New to EON, read here first! Upgrading, read here first!
For new setups, before running "setup":
cd /mnt/eon0/bin ./slinky r ./slinky c setupIf your EON Storage is internet connected. The EON ISO can be retrieved using wget.
After running setup(new setup) or transporter.sh (upgrade/backup). Re-check/edit your POOL=poolname in /mnt/eon0/.exec.
export POOL=YOUR_POOLNAMEThis is an option to edit "YOUR_POOLNAME" with a simple command if you wish to avoid "vi" (substitute your pool name where "YOUR_POOLNAME" appears). A backup file will be saved as .exec.bak
cd /mnt/eon0 sed -i.bak 's|=abyss|=YOUR_POOLNAME|g' .execAn alternate upgrade option, using a spare USB key. Perform a new setup and then a forced zpool import to test. Perform the necessary tests and make sure all is ok before running:
zpool import -a -f updimg.sh /mnt/eon0/boot/x86.eonAfter running the new install for a few days and triple checking everything is ok. Only zpool/zfs upgrade is left, to access the new features of zpool version 28 and zfs version 5. Note that once zpool/zfs upgrade is done, there is NO GOING BACK to the older version.
zpool upgrade poolname zfs upgrade -r poolname
EON 64-bit x86 CIFS ISO image version 1.0b (NO HTTPD)
- eon-1.0b-151-64-cifs-min.iso ( mirror )
- MD5: 14696d625d4f686f06d1091435b80441
- Released: Wednesday 21-December-2011 (size: ~86MB)
- eon-1.0b-151-64-smb-min.iso ( mirror )
- MD5: ef26e606f9f403f94b1b12d478537be3
- Released: Wednesday 21-December-2011 (size: ~115MB)
- eon-1.0b-151-32-cifs-min.iso ( mirror )
- MD5: 1754065558dc3bf003990e7ff85f4806
- Released: Thursday 12-January-2012 (size: ~57MB)
- eon-1.0b-151-32-smb-min.iso ( mirror )
- MD5: 6aa382a2fc5f3ae4ece45d146642e48c
- Released: Thursday 12-January-2012 (size: ~87MB)
- binary kit 1.0 (Released 22-February-2012)
- rail (remote internet package installer)
- emp (EON multi-purpose program)
cd /your_zpool mv local old-local mkdir localIf this is the first time using the binary kit
cd /your_zpool mkdir localPerform the following on the EON command line to install the latest binary kit, remote installer and more. Most of these steps are one time only to add the bits that were not ready at release time. They will be self updating from here on. You can simply copy and paste 1 line at a time in an ssh session. Run "rail" to see more usage options.
cd /mnt/eon0/bin ./slinky wget wget -q -U mozilla -O slinky http://bit.ly/zNY7rI wget -q -U mozilla -O md5sum http://bit.ly/xwQZU3 wget -q -U mozilla -O /usr/bin/rail http://bit.ly/yqck53 chmod 755 md5sum slinky /bin/rail ./slinky md5 rail install emp rail install binkit rail install perl railWeb Server: Installing a web server (apache, lighttpd or nginx). Browse to your IP after starting a web server to see links to various apps. Run "emp" to see usage options. More detailed how to here.
rail install apache certgen.sh (to generate unique self-signed certificate) emp apache startTransmission: Edit /usr/local/transmission/settings.json to allow your client IP before starting Transmission Bit Torrent client
rpc-whitelist": "127.0.0.1,IP_address_of_client", rpc-whitelist": "127.0.0.1,10.1.1.5", emp transmission startPython is a requirement for SABnzbd, Sickbeard and CouchPotato.
rail install pythonSABnzbd: Installing and starting SABnzbd. More detailed how to here.
cd /tmp wget -O sabnzbd.tar.gz http://sourceforge.net/projects/sabnzbdplus/files/sabnzbdplus/sabnzbd-0.6.15/SABnzbd-0.6.15-src.tar.gz/download gzip -dc sabnzbd.tar.gz | tar -xf - mv SABnzbd-0.6.15 /usr/local/sabnzb emp sabnzb startSickbeard: Installing and starting Sickbeard. More detailed how to here.
cd /tmp wget -O sickbeard.tar.gz --no-check-certificate https://github.com/midgetspy/Sick-Beard/tarball/master gzip -dc sickbeard.tar.gz | gtar -xf - mv midgetspy-Sick-Beard-911f5d1 /usr/local/sickbeard emp sickbeard startCouchPotato: Installing and starting CouchPotato. More detailed how to here.
cd /tmp wget -O couchpotato.zip --no-check-certificate https://github.com/RuudBurger/CouchPotato/zipball/master unzip -q -aa couchpotato.zip mv RuudBurger-CouchPotato-6970c10 /usr/local/couchpotato emp couchpotato startNew/Changes/Fixes:
- New ZPOOL (version 28) and ZFS (version 5)
- Perl 5.10.0 (full version, user customizable) moved to the binary kit, requires a new setup step (slinky)
- New Binary Kit is semi-mandatory (needed for S.M.A.R.T and more)
- New/Updated administration and statistics binaries.
- Simple appliance package downloader and installer (more info to come)
- kernel line addition "-B disable-pcieb=true" under VMware. ESXi, Fusion, no longer required.
S T O R E I T Y O U R W A Y !